Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The extra mile...

I have learned a lot this year about many different things in education. The one thing that I believe makes one teacher different from another is how much she or he cares for their individual students. I have witnessed many teachers who wait the whole day for that final bell to ring and they can finally go home. The very few teachers who I look up to are the ones who come early to school and stay after to provide one student with the extra help they need. The difference between a good teacher and an ok teacher is the amount of effort that is put into their job. Being a teacher is not just a job, it is the way to the future for many of that teacher's students. A teacher can either make a good impression, or a bad one, and hopefully I am going to one of the few teachers that wants and desires to go the extra mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment